This month’s Bundtamonth arrived at lightning speed. Time flies when you’re having fun right? Candilicious is our theme for October, dentists will be thrilled with our creations I’m sure. Anuradha and Lora are so good at picking our themes and we are thankful to have them at the helm. My first inclination was to do a mash up of my favorite candies. Snickers, M&M’s with Peanuts, Almond Joy, Lindt Truffles and Twix all mixed up together somehow sounded gross. I probably would have eaten it, but it sounds gross and downright gluttonous. So Twix it is. Let me clarify; Twix with chocolate chips and walnuts!
The recipe called for Milky Way or Snickers, but I had my heart set on Twix. Also, per the recipe you have to melt the candy with 1/4 cup of butter. Don’t know if you’ve melted a Twix before, but they don’t go down without a fight. I was the the pieces that didn’t melt all the way would stick to the pan. A couple did but I pried one of them away and popped that little baby back into place. You can probably guess what happened to the other one!
This Candilcious concoction is moist and just sweet enough not to be overpowering. I had my requisite taste tester serving and packed up the rest to send to work with Charisse. Her coworkers will have their sweet cravings satisfied once again. I’m so happy she works with a crew that loves sweets.
- 6.75 oz. Twix candy bars, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup chopped pecans or peanuts (if using Snickers)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup melted chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Grease and flour a 10 - 12 cup Bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In small saucepan, melt candy bars and ¼ cup butter over low heat, stirring frequently until blended.
- Set aside to cool a bit.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, and ½ cup softened butter until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly to incorporate each egg before adding the next.
- Add 2 tsp. vanilla and melted candy bar mixture and mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately to egg mixture, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Add nuts and chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325° F for 40-50 minutes until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- In a small bowl mix the melted chocolate chips, powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- If glaze is too thick add a TBS of milk at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Spoon or pour glaze over cake.
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Bake us a bundt using your favorite candy
- Post it before October 31, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read – #BundtaMonth: Fancy Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.