Over the years I have come to love granola as more than just an after workout snack and I’m super excited to be a part of this blogger recipe challenge through Golden Girl Granola. Golden Girl Granola is a family granola business based in Shirley, MA. They started out selling their granola and other baked goods at farmers markets in the summer. Quickly they were selling at markets year round. Due to its growth Golden Girl moved to a shared kitchen and then on to having their own retail space and focusing solely on their granola. You can find out more about their story here.
In the past I’ve had granola with way too much sugar and preservatives that I can’t pronounce. An over abundance of preservatives is something that I don’t want to consume them. I’ve also made my own granola several times and my favorite way to have it is with warmed almond milk and maybe a bit of dried fruit.
For this challenge I went a different but equally delicious route using Golden Girls Home Sweet Honey Granola. It’s mildly sweet and very adaptable to other flavors and leaves lots of room for creativity. This Golden Girl Granola variety contains rolled oats, honey coconut non GMO/expeller-pressed canola oil and sea salt, that’s it.
Don’t let the long list of ingredients deter you. Everything in it is natural and good for you. Unless you’re feeding a small army there will be enough leftovers for a few days and it keeps very well. I used a combination of Golden Girl Home Sweet Honey Granola, steel cut oats, regular oatmeal, diced fresh mango, almond milk, maple syrup and sliced almonds along with some pantry staples. What I didn’t use was additional sugar. As stated previously the granola is mildly sweet, the mango was some of the sweetest I’ve had in a long time and I did add a small amount of pure maple syrup. Depending on the sweetness of your fruit you may want to add sugar to the recipe or sprinkle a bit on at serving time.
This is very filling so it will keep you fueled for a long time. It also makes for a great meal or snack any time of the day. Love it!
- 3 ½ cups almond milk
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 cup Golden Girl Home Sweet Honey Granola
- 1 ½ cups regular rolled oats
- ½ cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup chopped mango
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a 1 ½ quart casserole and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan almond milk and coconut oil and butter.
- Bring to a boil and gradually stir in granola, steel cut and regular oats.
- Next stir in the chopped mango along with the maple syrup, almond extract and salt.
- Cook and stir over low heat for three minutes and add ¼ cup of the sliced almonds.
- Spoon mixture to the prepared pan and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining sliced almonds and bake uncovered for 10 minutes more or until bubbly.
- Cool slightly and serve with a dash of almond milk.
These are the linky parties I participate in. Drop by and show them a little love!
Disclaimer: “I participated in the Golden Girl Granola Blogger Recipe Challenge. I received a product samples to use in my recipes. The views expressed here are entirely my own.