This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WildSideOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
I don’t remember a time in the last couple of years when there wasn’t smoked sausage in my refrigerator. My husband loves to have it for breakfast every day. Sometimes he’ll ask if I want some and I say no while shaking my head yes. So he leaves a little bit on the counter for me and I try to slyly sneak a piece.
There have been a couple of times when I have bought off brands that were sometimes a part of a buy 10 and get the 11th free sale. He immediately knew the difference and said don’t bother with that kind again because they don’t have any flavor. Plus, he wanted smoked sausage with pork and beef. Well let me tell you when I bought home Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages Jalapeño Flavor from Walmart he got the BOLD flavor he wanted! You get heat along with flavor and that is a winning combo.
What I also got while in Walmart’s packaged deli section was lots of looks as I was standing there reading the package label. Whatever, I want to know what I’m getting. I was happy to know that Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages are free of artificial colors, don’t have MSG, are gluten free and high in protein. They also don’t contain fillers like cereals and dried milk solids. I prefer my cereal and milk in a bowl thank you very much.
I decided to take Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages Jalapeño Flavor and combine it with creamy mac and cheese for dinner. It came together easily and went totally southwestern with the addition of two kinds of salsa and crushed corn chips on top. How’s that for bold flavor!
If spicy isn’t your thing check out Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages Original and Cheddar Flavors.
From now through Memorial Day Walmart’s Rollback pricing is $3.48, so this is the perfect time to stock up. Here is where you can find all the details about Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausages. Check out this page for the specifics about the Jalapeño flavor.
Now how about that recipe for Southwestern Mac & Cheese!
- 2 cups milk
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 TBS all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 oz elbow macaroni, cooked
- 4 Jack Link’s Jalapeno Sausage Links cut into approximately ½ inch rounds
- ¼ cup prepared sweet onion salsa (drained)
- ¼ cup corn and bean salsa (drained)
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Microwave milk at HIGH for 1½ minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-low heat; whisk in flour until smooth.
- Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- Gradually add in warm milk and cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Then add salt, black pepper, 1 cup shredded cheese, and whisk until smooth; stir in pasta.
- Spoon pasta, Jack Link’s Jalapeno Sausage, salsas, and ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese into a lightly greased 2-qt. baking dish or oven safe skillet and top with remaining ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese and crushed corn chips.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas if desired.