This Peach Crumble Tart can be made in a standard pie pan using homemade or a pre-made pie crust. Serve it plain or with a melted vanilla ice cream sauce. Either way, it is delicious!
I only made two trips to the Farmer’s Market this year. Both times I bought peaches and was determined not to let them go to waste as in previous years. This time I made a Peach Crumble Tart and made sure it didn’t go to waist. HA, I’m a joker, I’m a nut!
Another reason for making a tart was so that I could use my rectangle tart pan. That pan has been used maybe three times and that’s a shame. It was one of those purchases where I was sure that this time I would use it frequently. Well, I wouldn’t call three times in four years frequent but it is one of my favorite pans.
There aren’t many peach fans in my family. The Mr. who doesn’t like sweets (wink-wink) would likely take the obligatory slice so my delicate little feelings wouldn’t be hurt. Gabbi wouldn’t eat any, and Charisse wouldn’t touch it with a ten-foot pole. So that left me.
For presentation, I melted some vanilla ice-cream to use as a sauce. What did I do that for, oh my goodness! A warm from the oven sweet peach tart with oodles of crumble topping with melted ice cream on top, I had to have some. Ok, ok, I had two servings and immediately called my daughter so she could take it to work with her. There’s no way I could be left alone with that in the house.
Since my tart pan is rather large, I used two premade pie doughs to fit the pan. If you’re using a standard pie plate or round tart pan, one should suffice. Serve it warmed with a scoop of ice cream, a sauce of your choice, or just as it is. The flaky crust, sweetened peaches, that heavenly crumble topping along with ice cream, makes for one delicious dessert. Swap the peaches for apples and you have fall comfort food at its finest. Don’t forget to share!
- *1 ready-made pie shell or homemade recipe of your choice
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup melted vanilla ice cream
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups quartered peeled peaches (8 to 10 medium)
- Crumble Topping
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter softened
- Heat oven to 375° then ease crust into tart pan pressing firmly against bottom and sides then trim any overhanging edge of pastry.
- In a large saucepan, stir together the water, melted ice cream, lemon juice, sugars, and cornstarch.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, roughly 5 minutes.
- Once it bubbles, cook for another 2-3 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla then the peaches.
- Cool to room temperature then use right away or store in the refrigerator*.
- Spoon the filling into a prepared tart pan (homemade or store bought).
- Sprinkle with Crumble Topping and bake 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool completely before serving and serve with ice-cream or ice-cream sauce which is ice-cream melted slightly and poured over the serving of Peach Crumble Tart.
These are the link parties I participate in. Drop by and show them a little love!
One more thing, if you’re short on Halloween table ideas be sure and check out the Halloween Tablescape Blog Hop organized once again by Chloe Crabtree. It runs from today Oct 2nd and ends on Friday, Oct 7th. My table debut in on Thursday and I hope you come back to check it out.
Life and Linda
Red Cottage Chronicles
The Painted Apron
The Sweet Sensations
Celebrate & Decorate
B. Lovely Events
A casa di Bianca
Supper Table Talk