This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NestleHoliday #CollectiveBias
OK, who’s been messing with the clocks and the calendar? The days and weeks are getting shorter and I’m doing my best to keep up. Shortcuts to the rescue! A couple of days ago my daughter came over to help me plan our annual Christmas Eve bash. After our marathon planning session, I wanted something filling to eat but not overly time consuming.
A few days prior I was in the deli section at Walmart and for the first time took a good look at BUITONI® Refrigerated Pastas and decided to give them a try. I also have to admit that this was my first time eating ravioli and frying it seemed like a delicious idea. It was. First I dipped BUITONI® Four Cheese Ravioli in buttermilk. After dredging them in Italian breadcrumbs, I fried them lightly in olive oil. To dress up the fried ravioli for the holidays I prepared a Spinach Cream Sauce for dipping and serving on the side. At the last minute I decided to add some roasted red peppers to the sauce. The green spinach and red peppers gave this dish a festive holiday touch.
The Mr. was immediately impressed and thought this would be a great dish to serve when all the kids come home. I bought the 20 oz package and that’s a pretty substantial amount. However, with five adult males in the house soon I know 2-3 bags will be necessary. For our meal I served the Spinach Cream Sauce in hollowed out multigrain rolls and a salad which was very filling.
In my house a meal without dessert just isn’t right and I had the perfect remedy.
During my trip to Walmart I also picked up a package of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Hot Cocoa Refrigerated Cookie Dough and a bag of NESTLÉ® BUTTERFINGER® Jingle Bells. With the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Hot Cocoa Refrigerated Cookie Dough I made cookie cups, filled them with a no bake cheesecake mix and garnished them with chopped NESTLÉ® BUTTERFINGER® Jingle Bells. Sweet Mother of Pearl those were good and went down way to easy.
With less than 3 three weeks to pull together this Christmas Eve shindig I will make sure to have a stash of BUITONI® Four Cheese Ravioli in the fridge to feed my hungry crew. This will save tons of time and the larger size packages are very convenient. I also like that it’s a fresh product which makes me very comfortable serving it to my family. Be sure and take a trip to the NESTLÉ neighborhood for tips, recipes and ideas. Also, if you’re short on time and inspiration this Flavorful Moments Pinterest Board has lots of recipes to feed your family during this busy season. Delicious moments often become memorable ones so make lots of them!
- Olive Oil for frying
- 1 cup buttermilk
- BUITONI® Refrigerated Pasta Four Cheese Ravioli, 20 oz pkg***
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated from package
- Spinach Cream Dip
- 1 TBS onion, minced
- 1 TBS butter
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup spinach liquid, saved from cooking
- 10 oz Frozen Spinach, cooked, drained, save liquid
- 10 oz Fresh Parmesan, grated
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 TBS roasted red peppers, chopped
- To a large frying pan over medium high heat add enough olive oil to reach a depth of 1 ½ inches.
- Heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, place buttermilk and bread crumbs in individual bowls.
- Dip ravioli in buttermilk, coat thoroughly and let excess drip off.
- Dredge coated ravioli in breadcrumbs and shake off the excess and place on baking sheet or platter.
- Continue until all pieces are dipped and coated.
- When the oil is hot fry in small batches taking care not to overcrowd the skillet.
- Turn occasionally and fry until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve while hot with Spinach Cream dipping sauce.
- Sauté butter and onion in a medium size heavy bottomed pot or large skillet until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add evaporate milk, spinach liquid and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add spinach and Parmesan Cheese stirring until cheese melts.
- Next, toss in chopped roasted red peppers, mix thoroughly.
- Serve warm.