When I decided to delve into scratch baking one of the first resources I turned to for recipe inspiration was Allrecipes.com. My all-time favorite pound cakes, Sweet Potato, Cream Cheese, and Buttermilk were adapted from recipes found there. Not only are they chock full of dessert recipes but savory dishes as well. My recipe box at Allrecipes is filling up so I decided it was time to try out another and decided on a savory dish.
When I discovered this Alfredo Sauce I knew it wouldn’t be long before I made it. This was also the first time I used fresh pasta and I really didn’t know what I was missing. The taste and texture is so much better than dried. I purchased a pasta maker to roll out fondant for my cakes. After this dish it will serve double duty. In order to make his a complete entrée, translation: to satisfy us carnivores, I added chicken. It was really good. The original recipe only called for 1 cup of heavy cream. I found the sauce to be too thick so I added another half cup. Also, the Parmesan cheese was added a half cup at a time. This helped the cheese to melt without clumping.
Recently I was accepted into Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador Program and I’m looking forward to connecting with more foodies, sharing more recipes with you, and discovering new dishes. I’ll keep you posted!
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and then add cheese in half cup increments whisking quickly so that it melts evenly and doesn't clump.
- Once cheese is thoroughly mixed in add parsley and serve with fresh Fettuccine and pan seared chicken tenders.
These are the linky parties I participate in. Drop by and show them a little love!