On the first day of the #10lbcherrychallenge I had an accumulation of pits, and felt there was some way they could be used. What I decided to do was the perfect way to bring all this cherry pitting to an end.
- 1 ½ cups cherry pits
- 3 cups vodka
- ¼ cup blackberry vodka
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- In a large mason jar add cherry pits, vodka and blackberry vodka.
- Put the lid on tightly and shake well.
- Store in a cool dark place for at least a week.
- Shake mixture everyday.
- On the sixth day, period strain mixture into a large bowl or measuring cup and add marshmallows.
- Cover and let sit overnight.
- The next day strain again and pour into bottle.
- Garnish with a cherry (stem intact) and serve over ice.
- Serving size 1 ounce.
This one packs a punch friends, you may want to mix it with club soda or lemon lime soda. Bottoms up!!!!
Disclaimer: OXO and the Northwest Cherry Growers provided produce and products for this post. Opinions are my own.