Up your presentation game by serving Mini Bundt Meatloaves with Mini Bundt Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
Our assignment for the month of July with the #BundtBakers was an untraditional Bundt. So, for me, that meant no cakes or bread. Well then, savory it is! I won’t bore you with the ping-pong match of ideas that went through my head. Suffice it to say that Mini Bundt Meatloaves with Mini Bundt Garlic Mashed Potatoes won out and rightfully so.
We love comfort food anytime of the year and nothing says comfort food like meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Both were molded in my mini Bundt pan and it was a great way to control portion size. I’m not saying these are light and healthy by any means, but having your own molded mini meatloaf makes for a pretty nice dinner.
Molding the garlic mashed potatoes proved to be a bit more challenging than I thought. All the nooks and crannies of the Bundt pan aren’t prominent but the idea was conveyed and they were darn good. I served my Mini Bundt Meatloaves with Garlic Mashed Potatoes alongside with lightly roasted green beans. No need to wait for cooler weather to try this hearty meal, I promise you won’t regret it.
- Glazed Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk divided
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ green pepper
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ cup catsup
- 2 tsp honey mustard
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 6 medium red skinned potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 heads of garlic, roasted
- 4 oz butter, melted
- ½ cup of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rosemary for garnish (optional)
- ½ lbs ground beef
- ½ lbs ground pork
- onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup dried bread crumbs
- TBS brown sugar
- TBS prepared mustard
- /3 cup catsup
- Season Salt and Pepper to taste
- For the Meatloaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, egg, onion, green pepper,
milkand bread crumbs.
- Add season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Liberally spray mini Bundt pan with non-stick spray and add
approximately¾ cup of meatloaf mixture into each mini Bundt cavity, pressing down to make sure mixture is evenly packed into each mold.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, and ketchup.
- Mix well and pour over the meatloaves.
- Bake at 350 degrees° F for 1 hour.
- How to Roast Garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Next, peel the outer skin from the garlic heads leaving the cloves intact.
- Slice the top part of the garlic heads off, leaving the cloves exposed.
- Place a square of aluminum foil on a small baking sheet or pie plate.
- Place the garlic heads on the foil and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Roast them in the hot oven or 45 minutes.
- Using an oven mitt or towel squeeze the garlic heads to see if they are soft.
- If so, remove them from the oven and unwrap carefully to avoid any steam, and set aside until the potatoes are ready.
- For the Mashed Potatoes
- Place peeled and quartered potatoes plus ½
tspof salt in a large saucepan and cover with water. Boil for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes arevery tender.
- Drain well and squeeze the roasted garlic heads from their casings into the potatoes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt the butter with the milk, remaining ½
tspof salt and paper.
- Add the milk/butter mixture into the pan with the potatoes and roasted garlic, mashed until no lumps remain.
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. The reveal this month is hosted by Colleen of Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about #BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.
And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Bundt from Living the Gourmet
- Bacon, Zucchini, Raisins and Cheddar Bundt Cake from I Love Bundt Cakes
- Bundt Pan Breakfast Cake from The Queen of Scones
- Cheesesteak Bundt from Cookaholic Wife
- Cherry Bundt Breakfast Danish from Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chicken Fajita Bundt Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chive Potato Filled Cheeseburger Meatloaf Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Classic Vanilla Flan Bundt from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Lemon Mousse Bundt Cake from Bizcocheando
- Mini Bundt Meatloaves & Garlic Mashed Potatoes from Food Lust People Love
- Pasta Chicken Bundt from Sneha’s Recipe
- Soap Bundt Cake from La Mejor Manera
- Spinach and Cheese Bundt Cake from I Camp in My Kitchen
- Spinach Pasta Surprise from A Day in the Life on the Farm